The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.
~Sarah Ban Breathnach, Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy, 1996
Early on in my blogging journey I shared one of my inspirational reads that helped me to discover “Me”. Today’s inspirational quote is taken from that book.
I am a dreamer but I have not been a consistent doer in all things. In early 2012 my pastor preached a sermon that helped me to easily identify why I did not always reach my dream—I do not always follow through. Yep it was true, I often lacked the stamina to see my dream become reality. Once aware of this truth I could hardly ignore the cold, hard fact and God in His faithfulness wasn’t going to let it go either. So I embarked on a journey toward goal setting with accountability–much of the time blogging about my successes. I still miss the mark but it happens less frequently now. And as His word says, as I have become faithful in small things, larger things have been entrusted to my care(Luke 16:10).
We need to be dreamers who do because as the quote says, the world needs us.
Thanks for reading today.
- Be A Doer Not Just A Dreamer (wealthymatters.com)
- Dreamer (limabue.wordpress.com)
- Dreamers and planners (christianpf.com)
- Congratulations on being a doer! (jamwithmike.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Quotes on Dreams (dshenai.wordpress.com)
- Writing my way to through Simple Abundance – Day One (wileyschmidt.wordpress.com)
- A Year of Gratitude – (julielynn.typepad.com)